What is a Co-op?
A co-op is a locally owned and controlled business that works for the benefit of its owners-members. It operates on the Seven Principles of a Co-op:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Members economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Cooperation among Co-ops
- Concern for community
When you shop at Maple City Market, you are supporting our community!
- A Co-op shopping bag & member card
- Monthly owner-only sales
- Receive 10% discount on case quantities
- Receive 10% discount on your total purchases, every third Wednesday
- A voice in your local co-op by voting for board members and other special issues, and the ability to serve on the board as well
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Investmentment in our community
There are two ownership options:
- Make an annual investment of $20 for five years – OR- Make one $100 investment.
No matter which investment option you choose, ownership benefits begin immediately.