- This event has passed.
Share the Bounty Week
November 18, 2013 - November 23, 2013
Share the Bounty Week is a rapidly emerging collaboration among local organizations seeking to explore the need and opportunity to make healthy, local feed more accessible in “Goshen.
The current lineup of events is as follows:
- M-F, 11/18–22 – Lexicon of Sustainability pop-up show, hosted by Goshen College EcoPAX at Goshen College; illuminating the vocabulary of sustainable agriculture
- M, 11/18, 6:30pm – Seed to Feed: a program of Church Community Services, hosted by the Maple City Market Board of Directors at Goshen Chamber of Commerce; a discussion of nutritious food procurement, economic sustainability, and empowerment opportunities for food pantries
- W, 11/20, 7pm – Food insecurity panel discussion, hosted by Goshen College EcoPAX students at Goshen College; perspectives on what food insecurity means in our local context
- Th, 11/21, 7pm – “A Place at the Table,” sponsored by Maple City Market, presented by the Farmers Market Film Series at the new Art House cinema in Goshen; raising awareness about hunger and food insecurity in America – benefiting The Window
- F, 11/22, 7pm – “A Place at the Table,” sponsored by Maple City Market, presented by Seed to Feed, a program of Church Community Services at New Life Community Church; raising awareness about hunger and food insecurity in America – benefiting CCS
- Sat, 11/23, 8am–1pm – Harvest Celebration, hosted by Goshen Farmers Market at the Market; celebrating the market, thanking the community, and supporting Share the Bounty
- Sat, 11/23, 2pm–5:30pm – Open Space community event, hosted by Transition Goshen at Goshen City Church of the Brethren; turning the week’s ideas into action
Please note that times and locations are subject to change; check back for up-to-date details.
All events listed are free and open to the public. Come join us, come with your questions, come!